generation why me? urgh, gimme a break.

You may have seen the article in the Toronto Star this weekend on Saturday's front cover entitled 'Generation Why Me?' It was related to recession, broken dreams and delayed ambitions.
So I think 30 IS the new 20 and after reading the article, I refer to what Mum likes to call 'poor me syndrome'. There are alot of people who are just lazy and unmotivated. This will never change, no matter what happens in the world. Sure, we're faced with environmental/ economic/war crisis happening but we also have more access to information, more opportunity to succeed and more ways to gaining expertise for free. Hello Internet? There are things out there you just have to go and get them, the strong will survive. I've got a B.Comm in International Business & marketing diploma - I work in the IT dept coordinating project sfor an online gaming company. Before this was the fashion industry! I've worked in restaurants, done PR blah blah blah...I've never had a problem finding a job because I've always been determine NOT to fail.I also agree with @d_hock the most, if someone is going to complain & wah wah about 'poor me, I'm GenY', I say...shut your face. Get up and do something about it! I have many more thoughts the awesomeness that is #GenyTO but I'll save that for another day.

blog comments powered by Disqus