I got this email today from Take Part - Social Action Network and I wanna share some of the tasty shit with you.
6 Things You Can Do to Save Water
Just a little effort can make a big difference in conserving water. While fresh, clean drinking water is ours to use whenever we need it, none of us can afford to waste it. It's too valuable. Here's what you can do:
1. Water your lawn only when it needs it. A good way to see if your lawn needs watering is to step on the grass. If it springs back up, it doesn't need water. If it stays flat, fetch the sprinkler.
2. Water during the cool parts of the day. Early morning generally is better than dusk because it helps prevent growth of fungus.
3. Plant drought-resistant trees and plants.
4. Use a broom, not a hose, to clean driveways and sidewalks.
5. Wash your car at a commercial car wash. They recycle the water.
6. Collect condensate water from air conditioners and use it to water your plants.