"Casie, if you weren't on the computer so much..."

In reference to the upcoming Twestival on Feb. 12 I posted the following message:

"1 in 6 peeps on earth don't have access 2 clean water. On Feb 12, 100+ cities around the world set out to change that. This is @Twestival via Twitter"

I received a personal message from an old friend that I have known for years who has quite an opinion on the subject. Here is what said:

"Casie, if you weren't on the computer so much, maybe that 1-6 in people who don't have fresh water, could have fresh water. The majority of the worlds fresh water is used for the use of hydro electric dams around the world and with the global demand for energy much of that fresh water is diverted from the areas needed. This whole green fad pisses me off, cause half the people who preach about this shit, spend their entire lives in front of a computer....Just some food for thought, i'm probably coming off like a dick, but I've spent my entire life protecting the natural environment and I get pissed off when people don't do there homework or talk about shit they have no business talking about. In my opinion this world is worse due to Facebook, internet and everything else that goes with it, people preech about bringing the world together in unity, if you do research throughout history, it will lead to great demise...Both biologically and socially....Just think about mono cultural of plant and trees species, when one gets infected by a virus or disease the whole field goes...the whole crop or plantation is destroyed...Same goes with the human geno...Just some thoughts for you to think about....Not trying to be a dick!!...Hope your well"

It's nice to know I have friends who care more about the environment than the internet. No, I don't think you are a dick. I think you are awesome and all the hard work you have done it fantastic. My job by day and by night involves the internet but I am making a conscious effort to save energy in other ways. Thanks for sharing caring!! ♥

0 comments: